“Communicate Globally” as a Digital Marketing Intern with JP Linguistics!
JP Linguistics aims to enhance cultural awareness and strengthen people’s foreign language skills. We believe in a world where people can communicate accurately and, in doing so, strengthen business relationships and transactions, travel abroad more efficiently, and live a better life through stronger communication skills. We are currently seeking qualified interns to join our Digital Marketing/Social Media team. Interns will work in a fast-paced environment and gain a well-rounded understanding of various digital marketing and social media components after completing the 3-month internship.
- Monitor social media and media landscape
- Help manage marketing and social media calendars
- Help develop content for social media and email marketing
- Meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Respond to user comments and questions in a professional, helpful manner, while maintaining JP Linguistics’ voice
- Conduct contests and giveaways on the site and social media channels, as well as help build buzz for the events and giveaways
- Produce inventive ideas to solve various marketing needs and take on tasks as they arise
- Find creative opportunities for media trades, event sponsorships, etc
- Edit blog copy and formatting in (Google, Word Doc)
- Must have strong interest/experience in French, Spanish or Italian language and culture
- Ability to multi-task and pay attention to detail while remaining poised under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Pursuing a major in the communications, marketing, advertising field or has a flair for languages
- Creative, positive, eager to learn
- Maintain active, personal social media accounts a plus
- Knowledge of Hootsuite a plus
- Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, etc
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong passion for languages and culture and/or NYC events and happenings
- Self motivated - ability to focus and complete duties in a casual environment
- Flexible schedule
- Confident, creative thinker - ability to speak up and contribute in a team environment
- In the know about the latest and greatest social media and digital marketing tools
- Social media savvy
- Imaginative writer
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyer, brochures, invitations, etc
- Knowledge of video editing software a plus
This is an unpaid internship. School credit will be given. Interns are required to work 2-3 days per week and for a 3 month commitment.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include a brief description of yourself & your experiences with social media in the body of your message. Please type 'Digital Marketing Intern' as the subject line. We look forward to meeting you!